Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admt v3.1

Has anyone got real experience with admt 3.1
    I have a challange. I need to migrate all users from domain A to domain B. That's not difficult, I need to rename the migrated user in domain B to a new username. That is also not a challenge.
    My company will have 2 user accounts after the migration in domain A and domain B. My users logon with a XP client to domain A, is it possible with admt to let domain B know which user is the same user on domain A (sid history??) so that when the user is logged on to domain A he doesn't need to put in his credentials for resources in domain B

Regards,
    Michel

Re: admt v3.1

Your 3rd challenge is interesting. Can you please provide more details?

When the user logins to domain A with his old ID, he should be able to access the resources in domain B to which his account in domain B has access?

More details really helps in better understanding of the situation.

Comment

Re: admt v3.1

Originally posted by charlsteve View Post
      Your 3rd challenge is interesting. Can you please provide more details?

When the user logins to domain A with his old ID, he should be able to access the resources in domain B to which his account in domain B has access?

More details really helps in better understanding of the situation.

Goodmoring ...

I try to explain

I have domain A called global. This user logs on with dl305 and a password.
      The company has decided that this userlogon won't be used anymore. This is a w2k e domain. THis project will be done in stages. The first stage is to build a new domain with a new AD and a new company logon. This logon will be like T0006861. For the time begin people remain logging on to the global domain.
      When they to this old w2k domain the goal is to have a SSO to the new domain. Our microsoft expert says that SSO should work when I move the user from the old w2k domain to the new w2k8 domain with SID history. I don't think it is possible because the new w2k8 domain doesn't know that t0006861 is the same dl305 in the w2k domain. Is it possible to create this SSO based on SID history.

I logon to this w2k domain, there is a new account forest called nl (w2k and there is a new resource forest called res.

See the resource forest topology in Technet. I only have the old w2k domain in the design to logon on to.

Exchange has a SSO with the linked-mailbox as far I sorted it out.

Regards,
      Michel

Comment

Working...
      X