Password Change on next Login for Multiple Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Change on next Login for Multiple Users

Hi all, during the course of this week I am going to be rolling out a Password Policy to force users change passwords every 60 days. Currently users can use anything as a password.

We have an AD 2003 environment, the GPO is set up in the Computer Settings, Password Policy and we have a mix of XP and 2k clients.

The policy works there is no problem with that, what I would like help with is this:

Each user account is set to prevent Password from expiring, I want to be able to change this Account Setting on multiple users in one go to remove the tick from Prevent Password from Expiring, as well as putting a tick in Force User To Change Password On Next Login.

Due to the size of company we want to split it into 3 stages - "Site 1" , "Site 2", and "Site 3" being done on three seperates days.

AD has several OU's which currently are not containing the correct users in the correct groups, mainly due to very recents move arounds that IT haven't heard about!!

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this for multiple users in multiple OU's all in one domain?

Thanks

Re: Password Change on next Login for Multiple Users

Hi,

Have you tried it from ADUC and Mult-select the users and click Properties then go to the Account tab.
    Otherwise it could be scripted to modify the attribute in question but I find it quicker to GUIt

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked at the multi select in ADUC, the big problem I have is that the users are all in different OUs which makes it tricky - I can do it with a search in ADUC. If I use a script would I be able to search for users based on a group - for example if I created a group for each site and added the relevant users, then ran a script to the the settings for all members of that group? if so how!!!

Comment

You can script it but it would be more time consuming to get the syntax right (For me anyway) that way than it would be to do create a new query in ADUC and Mult-select and edit the output.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Many thanks for all your help - I think I will do the search as suggested!! and multi select - thanks again

Comment

No probs, glad to help!
            Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
              You can script it but it would be more time consuming to get the syntax right (For me anyway) that way than it would be to do create a new query in ADUC and Mult-select and edit the output.
              I just did a search which output 2 users. I selected them from within the search window and saw that the Properties option was grayed out.

I went into an OU and selected 2 accounts, i could get to properties from there.

Is this normal? Should i be able to click properties from the search window?

Comment

Hmmm. I don't seem to have that problem so it seems it's not normal to not have the properties available. In any event, an easier way to do this is with ADModify to bulk modify user attributes/properties:

http://www.codeplex.com/admodify

Comment

It works fine for me as well. Is that's a function enabled on different Domain/Forest functional levels. You can try it if you can justify the functinal level changes (You'll get other added benefits if that's the case) otherwise Joe's suggestion would also do just fine.
                  Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                  X