Users Logon script hangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Logon script hangs

Morning, I am new to this site and I need some help.

I am having a problem with users logon scripts hanging. This is a script that we have been using for a long time but within the past couple of days when the users logon to their computers it hangs and asks for the users to put in their username and password. Here is the logon script we use for them:

net time \\admfs1 /set /y
    net use u: /home
    net use p: \\tofs1.corp.companyname.com\public /persistent:no
    net use q: \\tofs1.corp.companyname.com\departments /persistent:no

Here is what shows up in the CMD window:

C:\documents and settings\user.name>net use u: \\tofs1.corp.companyname.com\Users\user.name /persistent:no
    The command completed successfully.

C:\documents and settings\user.name>net use p: \\tofs1.corp.companyname.com\public /persistent:no
    Enter the username for 'tofs1.corp.companyname.com

Nothing has changed at all recently to make this hang, can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks.....

Re: Users Logon script hangs

Have you double checked both the share and ntfs permissions on the Public folder -- btw, is this a DFS root share you are connecting to?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Users Logon script hangs

Computer = Desktop or Computer = Laptop?

If Computer = Laptop is it joined to the Domain or a Workgroup machine?
      Has the password on the computer been changed so it is different to the one on the Domain Controller?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X