Cost effective Authentication mechanism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost effective Authentication mechanism

We have one PDC (windows server 2003) in our HQ. We have one branch office located very far from our HQ which is connected to ISDN line to our HQ.

Remote branch is having 100 users and need authenticaton from our PDC server. Company policies stress on reducing costs on infrastructure.

If I place one ADC on remote office, and use sites from managing replication traffic..Will it be sufficient ? But I read somewhere that it will create domain admin groups on ADC which will allow admin on remote office to perform and domain admin tasks.

Is there any other way out so that admin in branch office can only unlock users account or change password policies of their location only?

Can I use any other authentication mechanism which provides authentication only, like any LDAP server or so on ?

Re: Cost effective Authentication mechanism

In a nutshell, you can setup a replica DC on the remote office make it a GC (Or enable Universal goup caching) and also a DNS server. That way the authentication will be done on site.
    As far as the other issue, you could delegate the appropriate tasks to the local admin group by creating a OU for the site and configure delegation.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
    X