Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory User Logon Name Change

Greetings to all..

Assuming that my name In Active Directory is Roberto Carlos, and my User Logon Name is rcarl. rcarl is also my pre-Windows 2000 User Logon Name.

What i need is to change the User Logon Name (NOT the pre-Windows 2000) via command line or script.

I have tried using a command line tool called renuser.exe from ntfaq.
    It actually worked but it changes only the pre-Windows 2000 User Logon Name.

I have also tried dsmove with the -newname switch but it changed the name, not the logon name.

P.S. I was actually thinking renaming the user logon names via a batch, taken the changes from a text file.

The resources are here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...s/default.mspx

If you have trouble making the script let us know.
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

I need a script that deleting al the files

in the TEMP folder under the system root

thank's

Comment

It's a bit tricky one...
        If all you want is to rename the UPN, you can use dsmod.exe command line utility which comes with XP and W2K3, but if you also want to change the RDN of the user object (CN=Roberto Carlos), I think you will need to perform a move operation together with UPN (and displayName ?) rename. For moving the object you can use dsmove.exe with -newname switch (which will change the object's RDN).

More info on dsmove/dsmod/dsadd/dsrm you can get by looking up those commands in "Command Line Reference A-Z" on XP or W2K3 box (Start->Help)
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanx Guys....

After researching a little further, i found out it can be done via GUI as well.
          I downloaded ADModify.net, selected the users and with a set of variables, like %'givenName'%.%'sn'% it worked like a charm.

Also this may come in handy

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...4/hey1206.mspx

Thanx again....

Comment

Working...
          X