Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to log the builtin administrator account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to log the builtin administrator account?

Hey,

Have a problem where the Administrator account in AD keeps locking out which is causing many replication errors among other problems.

The event viewer however logs all other accounts except the administrator account, how can i enable the logging of this builtin account.

Have googled it and binged it with no solutions.

Thanks

Re: How to log the builtin administrator account?

Hi,

It must be, you had logged in one of your server with this account and disconnected or locked it without logging it off and after that you changed the password of this account.

Go for account lockout tools for finding the server where this account is locking.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I hope this would help.

Comment

I would also check the services as well.
      You can use EventComb to scan for that username and determine where it is being locked out.

Be aware that malware can cause account lockouts too, conficker for example.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

yes i have used altools in the past, but what i am having trouble with in this scenario is that all the event viewers under security arent logging the administrator user, it is simply not appearing.

If you go to DC in your domain that is a GC and look for the built in domain Administrator account does it appear logging any events even successful?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X