Group Policy Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Problem

Can anyone help with this issue? I've spent a lot of time on google searching, but need to get this working soon so I'm hoping someone here can help.

We have a login group policy to map drives using a vbs script. The file in \\servername\sysvol\domain\policies\...\login\ is there and everyone can get to it. When we run the script manually it maps the drives, but the group policy isn't working to map the drives automatically.

These are the errors we get in eventviewer, application:

Event ID 1030
    Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

Event ID 1101
    Windows cannot access the the object OU=019,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com in Active Directory. The access to the object may be denied. Group Policy processing aborted.

Does anyone have an idea where I could start looking to get this fixed? Everything looks correct to me so I'm obviously missing something that I should be noticing.

Re: Group Policy Problem

You can try resetting the permissions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324800

Is the GPO a user policy or a computer policy, or both? Do you have specific security on the GPO itself?
    GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

Is you AD running on a windows 2000 or 2003?

See if this fits in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909260
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The pc's are windows xp pro and the servers are windows 2003. Sorry I should have included this the first time.

Under the group policy management tool we have Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System->Group Policy-> User Group Policy loopback processing mode set to Enabled with Replace Mode. Under User Configuration-> Windows Settings->Scripts->Logon we have our login script.

Under our OU that we can manage here locally we have../site/Computers/departmentname and the GPO is applied to Computers to affect pc's in every department.

Also we found out yesterday that one of our policies applied to ../site/ that sets some windows firewall settings is working. It's only the mapped drive policy that fails with the errors.

Hopefully that clears up some of what I left out earlier.

Comment

Working...
        X