Group Policies question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policies question

I have 100 policies at domain level and my ID is denied from reading/applying that policy as they are not applicable to me(and most of them are computer policies). In my RSOP all the policies are marked as denied

Now my question is, still my login will take some extra time for processing these denied GPOs? or will be the same time if I don't have any of the 100 policies defined in my hierarchy?

Let me know if my question is not clear

Re: Group Policies question

I think if you're denied applying the GPO then it aborts any processing of the GPO. The only slow down would be the checking of authentication.
    GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

I agree. Providing you deny 'Read', it will speed up GP processing.

Comment

Originally posted by stamandster View Post
        I think if you're denied applying the GPO then it aborts any processing of the GPO. The only slow down would be the checking of authentication.
        I think It's actually the Deny Read permission that might speed up the process. If you only have the deny apply, the GPO processing will still go through reading each GPO but wont apply.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

That's what I meant However, a test would be prudent to see if either actually affect the speed of logging in.
          GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

Also the GP CSE will still have to read the ACL of the denied GPO's to determine if they need to be processed or not so it's still going to have to "parse the list" of all 100 GPO's, which will add some time to the boot/logon process.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
              Also the GP CSE will still have to read the ACL of the denied GPO's to determine if they need to be processed or not so it's still going to have to "parse the list" of all 100 GPO's, which will add some time to the boot/logon process.
              You are right Joe actually (as ever ). If the GPO is linked it'll still check the ACL which will add to the preprocessing time.
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
              X