Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOREST TRUST needed or not

Hi,
    I have a doubt, For implementing external trust between two domain from the different forest. Whether we need the forest trust between the Forest? Or we can create the external trust directly?

Thanks

Re: FOREST TRUST needed or not

Please can you provide more information regarding your setup and what you want to achieve.

Comment

Hi GURU,
      Explanation: i am having 2 forest namely India.com and America.com. in both domain i am having a child domain namely delhi.india.com & LS.America.com. i am not having forest trust between india.com and america.com.
      My Question is Without forest trust between the india.com and america.com, Can we configure the external trust between two child domain delhi.india.com & LS.America.com directly. Whether it will work or Not?

Thanks

Comment

Yes it will work and that's why we have external trusts.

Comment

Hi Garen,
          Do we need the forest trust for this scenario?
          Sorry your answer is not clear for me.

Thanks
          PREM

Comment

The external Trusts will allow the direct connection you are looking for. Forest Trusts are created at the root and will allow all Domains in each Forest to potentially be accessed, as with External Trusts, subject to granting the appropriate permissions and whether Full or Selective authentication is used.

Comment

Thank You Guru

Comment

Working...
              X