difference between domain security piolicy,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between domain security piolicy,

and local sec policy and gpo on domain. I have applied policy settings on domain controller, domain, but when i apply domain sec policy it does not affect computer from network.
    Secondaly when i create ou and apply policy on ou(GPO)
    and when i configure computer configuration policy, and when a user logs on to other computer on network in that ou, the policies are not applied on that user of ou.

Peace be on all of u.

At first I didn't understand your first question. about your second question; If you want to run a group policy for user you have in a specific ou, do settings for user in user configuration setting and disable computer setting configuration in GP's properties. in this case when user log in to different computer GP will run for he/she.It is not depend on OU or domain

Comment

I think you want to know the differences between local and domain policies, and what is domain controller policy! Right?
      MCSE w2k
      MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
      MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Yes sure,

I want to know diff, between domain sec policy ,local and gpo on domain

Comment

Re: Yes sure,

Originally posted by sohail
          I want to know diff, between domain sec policy ,local and gpo on domain
          -Domain Policy is the DOMAIN rules
          -Local policy is the MACHINE rules
          -Domain Controller policy are the DOmain Controller (Server) rules
          -Locally you do not have any GPO, you have one database where are the policies
          - Group Policy Object (GPO) is the container into which policy settings are placed. Each GPO can contain one or more policy settings. The GPO is then scoped to apply to specific targets
          MCSE w2k
          MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

ok thanks but is one problem,

when i apply domain policy it is only applied to that computer i mean dc,
            what is sol,

Comment

Re: ok thanks but is one problem,

when i apply domain policy it is only applied to that computer i mean dc,
              WRONG

When you apply the DOMAIN POLICY you are changing the DOMAIN RULES.
              If you change the DOMAIN CONTROLLER POLICY you change the SERVER Rules of that DOMAIN CONTROLLER SERVER.

what is sol,
              ?
              MCSE w2k
              MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

ok thanks,

i got it,
                Thanks,

Peace be on all of you.

Comment