Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Forst Trusts and Child Domains

Hi everyone,
    I have a question about Cross-Forest Trusts. Here is our setup. We have one AD forest CORP and another APP. In the APP forest, we have multiple child domains based on location (EMY.APP, SCT.APP etc). If we create a cross-forest, transitive trust between CORP and APP, will we, with the necessary ACLS setup, be able to logon to servers in the EMY.APP domain using our CORP credentials, or would have to have setup a trust with each child domain, as well as the parent?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much

app
    Last edited by apperrault; 12th May 2009, 19:03. Reason: mis-spelled forest in a couple of places, and i hate spelling errors

Re: Cross Forst Trusts and Child Domains

It depends on the type of trusts. Is it an external trust or forest trust. What forest and domain modes are you on and what's the Server's OS?

Comment

Re: Cross Forest Trusts and Child Domains

Originally posted by apperrault View Post
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question about Cross-Forest Trusts. Here is our setup. We have one AD forest CORP and another APP. In the APP forest, we have multiple child domains based on location (EMY.APP, SCT.APP etc). If we create a cross-forest, transitive trust between CORP and APP, will we, with the necessary ACLS setup, be able to logon to servers in the EMY.APP domain using our CORP credentials, or would have to have setup a trust with each child domain, as well as the parent?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much

app
      Yes, you answer your own question when you say forest transitive trust. You won't even need to add any ACLs, users from one forest will fall under the Authenticated Users group of the other forest.

Comment

Working...
      X