Deny Login after certain time of day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deny Login after certain time of day

We have an issue where a pc that's in our Windows 2003 domain is being used more personally than for work. After 5pm I've shut down all internet traffic thru ISA, now my boss wants it to "shutdown" completely after 5 as well.
    How can I force a logoff or reboot everyday at 5pm and then deny certain users log on rights until 6 am the next morning for this one pc running XP?
    Any ideas will be appreciated!!

what do you want to reboot?

just create a batch with the following:

Code:
    shutdown.exe /r /t 10 /f
    /r = reboot /t = timer /f = force

shedule it and you're done.. or?? do you want something else
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I want to deny certain users access to logon to the pc after 5 pm. If they are working at 5pm they need to prompted to save their work first and then either force a shutdown or force a log off.
      Bottom line, they will not be able to log back into the pc after 5pm and 6 am.

Comment

You can set logon restrictions for users through Active Directory Users and Computers.

1) In the start run type dsa.msc and press enter.
        2) In Active Directory Users and Computers, right click on one of the users that your boss has requested that this restriction applies to.
        3) Select Properties.
        4) Select the Account tab.
        5) Click the Logon Hours tab.
        6) Select the logon hours that you want applied to the user.
        7) OK everything.

You can probably do it through group policy too but I have not looked into that.

Comment

I think he wants it to restrict logon on ONE particular PC not ALL PC's. I'm struggeling to think of a way.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well that method will allow to just one user which is what I need. I've applied the settings. Well see how it works this afternoon.
            However, what will happen if the user never logs out when he leaves for the day? If the PC is still logged on will if force a log off?

thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by dfcrj
              Well that method will allow to just one user which is what I need. I've applied the settings. Well see how it works this afternoon.
              However, what will happen if the user never logs out when he leaves for the day? If the PC is still logged on will if force a log off?

thanks for the post

Yes
              MCSE w2k
              MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
              MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

I've connected by VPN and using SMS was able to look in on the user's pc, it's 6:30 pm. I was able to log in under his profile, I then logged off and then tried again it denied me the rights.

Perfect!!!

thanks for the help and advice

Comment

Working...
                X