export active directory data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export active directory data

We are a small business, only have one windows 2003 server acting as dns, dhcp, file server, active directory.
    Two week ago, a fire was succesfully contain in the main electric room of our building.
    But, if everything had burned, how long would it take to be up and running again.

That mean : buying a new server, installing windows server 2003 Sp2 ( like the old one), retrospect 7.5 and trying to restore the backup with active directory.
    So since two weeks, I try to do that.I can't find a way to restore my backup to a different hardware server.
    I always finish with : problem with hal.dll or bsod .

After restoring, if I try to repair the windows server 2003 installation with the cd, after the first reboot during the setup I got a messages telling :
    the active directory password is wrong... press any key to reboot.

Nevertheless, nothing seem to work.

My two server are windows server 2003 sp2.
    I try to restore with restore entire volume, replace correspondig file, restore missing file only.
    I had read a lot since the beginning od this process, and since it will be impossible to me to buy the same kind of hardware and then restore from the backup.
    SO now looking new solution.

I try to restore my backup in a VW, but can't have access to the tape backup unit inside by VM.
    Now, how could I export all the user, group , security, right access on all the file in the dfs ?
    I try to export and restore user with ldifde, ok it works but no password and account were disabled.
    But I never succeed to restore the group or entire OU.

And how could I export and import all the ntfs file permission and access right of the dfs share ?
    thanks
    (Sorry if I made a lot of mistake, I dont speak english often )

francois
    Last edited by frankb; 7th May 2009, 21:08.

Re: export active directory data

Have you tried the dcpromo /adv method to restore AD from a backup?

See: http://www.petri.com/install_dc_from...erver_2003.htm

Comment

Hello

Please, forget about backup, or adding a new server in my OU ( replication) that's not what I look for right now!

That was just to put you in situation.

I need to know how to extract all the information from active directory . Like using the LDIFDE command.

Also, need how to extract all the ntfs file and directory permissions.

Is there a way to do that ?

thanks

francois

Comment

Have you got a DC on your network? You mention builds below but do you mind confirming the exact setup of the server you want to extract the AD data from.

Comment

Hello

Of course, I have a windows servwer 2003 acting as a DC, DNS,DHCP,DFS and active directory master. ( all roles)
          I only have one Server, and 64 users.
          Have about 300 GB of shared files with a lot of different access permission.

francois

Comment

I get the impression that you want to export DFS shares? Where is the extracted data destined for and what sort of AD data etc. do you need?

Comment

CSVDE & LDIFDE might be what you're looking for.
              And here is a site that helped me:

CSVDD
              http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...VDE_Export.htm

LDIFDE
              http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...IFE_Modify.htm

It sounds like you're looking for a disaster recovery plan though; this wouldn't be the way to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X