Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is thera a cehance for DC slowing down SQL server significantly???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is thera a cehance for DC slowing down SQL server significantly???

Hi,

I have one central location and a dozen remote locations... Almost all have DC's. Before they were running SQL on the member server. After that I've promoted these member servers to DC's.

- Now my system integrators complain that after the promotion, servers are slower 2 times?!

Is there a chance that DC can slow down those servers taht much? All servers are dual core and do hava SAS disks (mirror 1)?

Can AD replication cause that, because I havent yet configured intersite replications?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Is thera a cehance for DC slowing down SQL server significantly???

I'm not much of a SQL guy, but I do know that MS best practices generally advise against having SQL on DCs. Whether this is for security or performance issues or both I don't know though.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Well, I have some idea about that, but this is a must... Don't have that much money to put more than one server to remote location...

Still, I don't believe that that can cause that much performance deterioration...

Comment

How big is your AD and how many users? I guess the box doesn't just run AD, it also runs DNS, maybe WINS and DHCP too?

A mirror is also going to struggle keeping up with 2 databases on it.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Also, what's the system's physical memory? Have you checked with system monitor to see where it falls short?
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X