Disabling Pre-2000 login support in Server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Pre-2000 login support in Server 2008

My Exchange servers are going to be hosting several small partner companies and friends, I need to disable the pre-2000 domain\user login method and only allow [email protected] logins. This wasn't expected when I initially set the servers up. The reason for switching is we will have many emails with the same first name, for example: [email protected], [email protected], etc. So I need both Bobs to be able to create their email accounts (since right now it will say user already exists) and then login using the [email protected] method. Is this even possible? And if so, how do I go about doing it? I'm young and just starting to understand the inner workings of Active Directory. I just began reading my MCITP Server 2008 courses and haven't read anything yet that can help me out, so if anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate it!

Also, it should be noted that these companies are not going to be joining the domain, they'll only be using them for email. The servers are hosted in a colo center and are on their own domain with some web servers.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Re: Disabling Pre-2000 login support in Server 2008

Just to clarify, I want to completely remove any and all ability to log on with NT support. I only want users to be able to logon with Windows 2000+ methods (UPN). I've been able to find articles on removing the Everyone login, but that's not what I want to do and it did not help out with my dilemma.

Comment

Working...
    X