question on replication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on replication

Assume the below scenario where site A is connected to site B with cost 10 and site C with cost 20. Normally Site A contacts site B as it has lower cost. When Site B goes down , it automatically gets redirected to site C because it is the next low cost path available. I would like to know, how much time will it take for KCC to regenerate the replication objects pointing to site C when site B goes offline.

Site-C <===Cost 20===> Site-A <===Cost 10===>Site-B

Thanks,

Re: question on replication

Btw, I am running on windows 2003 native domain with SP2

Comment

I believe the KCC runs every 15 mins by default?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Why not let the ISTG do the hard work for you and also leave BASL enabled (which is the default setting). That way you don't have to worry about how long it will take KCC to jump over to the next site (Which is not the easily measurable it has to be said)
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by charlsteve View Post
          Assume the below scenario where site A is connected to site B with cost 10 and site C with cost 20. Normally Site A contacts site B as it has lower cost. When Site B goes down , it automatically gets redirected to site C because it is the next low cost path available. I would like to know, how much time will it take for KCC to regenerate the replication objects pointing to site C when site B goes offline.

Site-C <===Cost 20===> Site-A <===Cost 10===>Site-B

Thanks,
          Not enough information given.

How are your Site Links setup?
          Is BASL enabled?

Assuming you have a Site-Link for A-B and a Site-Link for A-C and BASL enabled (default) if the physical connection between A-B goes down KCC will create a connection between B-C after 15-30 minutes.

Edit: Also unless you have a Site-Link between B-C your costs have no role your diagram.
          Last edited by Garen; 28th April 2009, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
          X