Books about AD infrastructure ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books about AD infrastructure ?

I am looking for some good books on 2000/2003 infrastructure.
    Recently I bought Robbie Allen's "Active Directory Cookbook" and "Inside Active Directory" by Kouti and Seitsonen. Still digging into both, but find the books very interesting. The first is recipe like and task driven and the second examines the AD guts.

I am looking for similar books on 2000/2003 infrastructure. I have Mark Minassi's "Mastering Windows 2000 Server", but I find it not deep enough on some topics.

Any suggestions, folks ?

TIA
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

My MCSE instructor recommended "Active Directory Forestry" (cant remember the author)

I use SAMS "Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure" and the microsoft press 70-217 study guide

This is a good topic for everyone to recommend books -- I'll edit and turn it into a sticky soon

All the best
    Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      My MCSE instructor recommended "Active Directory Forestry" (cant remember the author)
      do you mean john craddock and sally storey (from kimberry associates)?

full name of the book is: Active directory Forestry
      investigating and managing objects and attributes windows 2000 and windows server 2003 with ISBN: 0-9544218-0-9

nice book, but didn't read it completely
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thank you -- that was the one

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Active Directory Books

I suuggest u to search for the req book(s) at
          www.mspress.co.il

Comment

Working...
          X