Inventory'n machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory'n machines

This should be fairly simple for you old hats... what software would you recommend for inventorying machines, hardware and software... via lan ( do not want to visit each machine) and i would like for it to be fairly comprehensive... able to do from my office.

YOu have very types of software.
    SMS it is one of them
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

unfortunately i have no access to the servers or software on them directly, i only manage the network for my department, and we have no servers here.

i probably need a 3rd party software.

Comment

Search for Advanced Ip Scanner. This is a scan software that will show you every equipment in your network.
        MCSE w2k
        MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Have a look at poor mans sms (google it). SOunds like it will do what you want.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

The poormans sms works fairly well if i have sp2 firewall turned off... but a dead end if not... I tried all the tricks i could think of to get past the firewall which i have on for all of my machines... any insight as to how i can use this dandy little program and still keep the firewall up?

Comment

how about checking which port it uses and open that in the firewall?
              Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Try using a TCP traffic watcher (www.sysinternals.com have one TCPMon i think) to see what port it uses then open that on your XP firewall.
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X