Active Directory time problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory time problem

Hi. i have two domains and four domain controllers in forest and when i look all of the domain controller's time it's second is moving too fast. why?

Re: Active Directory time problem

How is time synchronisation set up?
    Most PC clocks are not accurate so you need to set up synchronisation from an internet time source

Search these forums as this has been raised recently in one of the Server fora
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you saying that the time between the domain controllers is wrong or are you saying that the time "is moving too fast"? If it's the latter, how do you know the time is moving too fast? Do you have an atomic clock handy?

Comment

when i click adjust time i see the clock graphic. And the second is moving too fast.

Comment

Seriously? How would you know? Is your eye able to analyze "real time" against a computer graphic image of a second hand ticking? I don't think the graphic is meant to be an exact approximation of a second hand, in synch with some atomic clock somewhere. It's a graphic for pete's sake. Is the time correct? If so, I would put tis issue to bed and stop making issues for yourself. There'll be plenty of opportunity to deal with real problems.

Comment

hey my friend a minute is not raising in 60 seconds. in 20 seconds a minute is raising. it is not normal. and the time is not true

Comment

Forget the pretty graphics and concentrate on the system time -- is that moving three times as fast as it should?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes. three times fast

Comment

Have you looked into the system BIOS and checked the clock there as this is the one the Windows clock draws on

Is this ALL DCs? or just the one with the PDC emulator role?
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

All 4 DCs clocks are running fast

Comment

Originally posted by fatihyar View Post
                      All 4 DCs clocks are running fast
                      Well, that narrows it down to the Windows Time Service I would've thought.
                      Are you using any external Time source at all?
                      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

i am not using any external time source. i made no configuration about time source. it is closed to internet. i only setup two domain and 4 DC in a forest and made nothing. then i realised the time is moving too fast. that's all

Comment

One DC will be the "time server" for the domain so thats your starting point
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

On the PDC emulator (On the root domain) are there any W32time events logged.
                            any other hrdware related errors logged there. other things to consider
                            Restart the machine and check the time again, replace the CMOS battery, do a full AV/AS scan.
                            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

there is a log about w32 time
                              source:w32time
                              eventid:12

Time Provider NtpClient: This machine is configured to use the domain
                              hierarchy to determine its time source, but it is the PDC emulator for the
                              domain at the root of the forest, so there is no machine above it in the
                              domain hierarchy to use as a time source. It is recommended that you either
                              configure a reliable time service in the root domain, or manually configure
                              the PDC to synchronize with an external time source. Otherwise, this machine
                              will function as the authoritative time source in the domain hierarchy. If
                              an external time source is not configured or used for this computer, you may
                              choose to disable the NtpClient.

Comment

Working...
                              X