problem deploying Office2003 throgh Group Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem deploying Office2003 throgh Group Policy

guys, I've been having some difficulties deploying Office 2003 with group policy... here's what I did:
    1- create a distribution point, and install Office to share using "setup.exe /a"
    2- create a group policy for the OU where the host reside
    3- create a package in Computer Settings, browse to where PRO11.msi file and assign it to computers of that OU.
    4- do gpupdate /force at Server

after all this, no signs of office at clients, if I remember well GP apply every 90min, so I log remotely to clients and do a gpupdate /force and rebooted... still didn't install

I'm running out of options here... could some one make some suggestions?

thanks

Re: problem deploying Office2003 throgh Group Policy

Have you looked at RSoP to check your policy is beng applied?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Have you looked at RSoP to check your policy is beng applied?
      well, rsop.msc is showing that the gp are not getting applied, event viewer(application) show some winMgmt errors... other than that everything seems normal, I'm getting all the shares mapped and printers installed through login script.... yet the the software still not getting deployed after resetting several times

Thanks

Comment

If RSoP shows the policy is not being applied, you will need to check into that first
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

what are some of the things I could check for.... I'm going to unjoin the machine from the domain and join it back I know in the past that has fixed some problem for me

Comment

You are using a UNC path to the Office folder and NOT a drive letter.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X