Active Directory access from .net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory access from .net

My current application is allowing users to login to the portal website using his/her userid and password and then authorize and authenticate the users based on his/her data saved in an oracle table.

I want to allow users to login to the portal website using his/her network credentials which are saved in Active Direcotry too. So users do not have to enter their username and password to login to the portal website. It should directly allow it to login based on his/her network credentials.

I really appreciate your response.

Re: Active Directory access from .net

Hi,

What language is the application written with? and have you got access to the source code?
    I.e. If writen in PHP you can start with this : - http://adldap.sourceforge.net/

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I'm confused. In the first part of your post you imply that it is working but in the second part of your post you imply that it isn't working. Could you explain this a little better.

Also, if you mean that you want the web portal to use Windows Integrated Authentication then there are two things to consider:

1. You have to set that authentication option on the web site.

2. If the user logs on from any computer other than their domain computer, they will be prompted for their username and password.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick response.

The application is in .Net so either we can use vb.net or C#

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick response.

If user logs on from another computer....in that case also they will be loggin in as their network userid and password....so based on that network credentials......it will allow him/her to login to the portal as his/her id.

So in short ir-respective of the computer.....we assume that based on the network userid and password, we need to allow him/her to login to the portal website using Active Directory.

Comment

You mean another computer in the same domain, right? If they log on from their home computer they wouldn't be using their domain credentials.

Comment

Yes you are right from the same domain.....but if user is loggin to the machine using remote access then they should be able to login to the portal website.

Comment

sorry to half answer your question.....If in case of user is log in to the portal from home and not using remote access or same domain then they have to enter userid and password.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisha View Post
                  The application is in .Net so either we can use vb.net or C#
                  Oh yeah, failed to notice it on the title.
                  Will any of these help: - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=
                  Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I am trying my best to search it on google....but thought If someone specially expert in this field/topic can guide me on the proper track....

I appreciate help from this forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X