No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to...?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to...?

I need to find a way to accomplish the following in a Windows 2000/2003 Active Directoy environment:

Our user account passwords expire every 90 days. Each user must sign a document saying they aggree to the network policies... blah blah blah

My supervisor wants me to be able to have it so when the user is prompted to change their password they have to read a series of screens and click either "I Agree" or "I Disagree" before they can actually change their password.

It does not need to log anything. I would just like it so that if they choose "I Disagree" they are looped back to the initial screen.

This is more to remind them of the policies they have already agreed and not to keep them from changing their password or restricing their access.

I really want it to be a series of screens with the two options of Agree or Disagree and I only want it to work when the account password expires.

If anyone knows and would like to share I would be very greatfull!

Thanks in advance.

Not that i know of but you could use the logon message set by a group policy to remind users of your AUP everytime they log on.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

We already use the logon message with group policy. That won't work for what I am wanting to do.

i'm not aware of other solutions...
        if you find one, please post it here cause it's a nice idea... but almost inpossible i think..
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

conceptually, the way to do this is to write your own msgina.dll plugin. Hugely overkill for what you want. So I agree with Dumber, out of the box this is not possible.