Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two networks contacting each other

Hope someone can assist.

1. I would like to setup a server with AD and 2 client computers connecting to the server on one network. The ip address will be 10.15.0.x

2. I would like to setup another membe server (replicating with the AD server) with an IP address of 10.16.0.x and prob a client or two to make sure we're using this server for logins.

3. How can I setup two different subnets communicating with each other? and replicating? The AD server (10.16.0.x) will have DNS install so local clients authenticate locally, which will have DNS settings of the main AD server for WAN connection.

I hope I explained correctly or maybe someone can point me to an instruction site on how to setup different subnets.

Re: Two networks contacting each other

Originally posted by wsantos_2008 View Post
    Hope someone can assist.

1. I would like to setup a server with AD and 2 client computers connecting to the server on one network. The ip address will be 10.15.0.x

2. I would like to setup another membe server (replicating with the AD server) with an IP address of 10.16.0.x and prob a client or two to make sure we're using this server for logins.

3. How can I setup two different subnets communicating with each other? and replicating? The AD server (10.16.0.x) will have DNS install so local clients authenticate locally, which will have DNS settings of the main AD server for WAN connection.

I hope I explained correctly or maybe someone can point me to an instruction site on how to setup different subnets.
    You need to use AD Sites and Services to ensure AD replicates across the subnets and local clients use their local DC for logon.

Comment

This will help you as well.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=34331

Post 7 gives a step-by-step guide for setup but you need to read the entire thread to get an understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by wsantos_2008 View Post
        Is this for testing? If so, what are you trying to simulate?

Do you really mean "member server" or is it going to be an additional Domain Controller?

Is there just a router in between the subnets or is this over a VPN?

Generally the more information the better.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Moved to Active Directory forum.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond