Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADMT v3.1 not translating local profiles - resorting to SID mapping file?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMT v3.1 not translating local profiles - resorting to SID mapping file?

I've been working on testing a inter-forest migration between two domains where my source domain has all 2003 DCs and my target domain has all 2008 DCs.

When I try to run the translation wizard I get no errors but on the other hand the logs show: "Read 0 accounts" but everything seems to work fine. It's as if the database is not handing the migrated users off to the AMDT agent to know what to translate.

In my troubleshooting I tried using a SID mapping file and it seemed to successfully translated the local profile so my migrated user was able to login and retain all local desktop/user related settings.

According to the ADMT documentation I'm should be able to use the ADMT GUI and not necessarily a SID mapping file.

Any thoughts to this bizarre issue? Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks.

Re: ADMT v3.1 not translating local profiles - resorting to SID mapping file?

Hi,
    Have you performed actual user migration? Are you using the same ADMT instance for the profile migration as well?

ADMT stores the information about previously migrated accounts in the DB. It seemed like you're not using the same DB, or the DB was cleared...

Anyway, I find the SID translation file more useful. This way you can control which users / groups you want to process and you don't have to process all users.

If you've used SID History for the migration, you can easily generate a SID translation file using the attached tool without using the ADMT DB.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X