Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerberos Error Msg

Hello,
    I have a winfdows 2003 enviro and I keep getting every so often the following series Kerberos error messeges on the main dc (event ID # 3): How can it be resolved?
    KDC_ERR_CLIENT_REVOKED
    KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_FAILED
    KDC_ERR_BADOPTION
    Thanks!

Re: Kerberos Error Msg

Originally posted by nemonat View Post
    Hello,
    I have a winfdows 2003 enviro and I keep getting every so often the following series Kerberos error messeges on the main dc (event ID # 3): How can it be resolved?
    KDC_ERR_CLIENT_REVOKED
    KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_FAILED
    KDC_ERR_BADOPTION
    Thanks!
    Can you paste the event here at all? You can use the 'copy' icon under the Up and Down arrows and then paste in to here. Remove any identifying info. and replace with a generic name or explian what was listed there. e.g. PDC role holder DC etc.

Also, see if there are any events above or below that may lead to that one.
    Last edited by Virtual; 5th March 2009, 16:47.

Comment

It could be loads of reasons for these errors to be logged. Some of which are time not sync'd, disabled accounts, password expired etc.
      To get a better Idea just run Network monitor on the server with the events and filter through the kerberos traffic to see what and who's causing it.
      Also try Kerbtray.exe to list and/or purge kerberos tickets

Cheers
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

thx L4ndy. I'm trying to implement your advice but not sure if I am using Network Monitor the right way since I am not able to find the source of the problem.
        can you please help me find out where am I getting these kerberos errors from using NM?

Thank you very much.
        Last edited by nemonat; 7th March 2009, 18:29.

Comment

These errors are probably related to the time issue you have in your other thread

Comment

Working...
          X