DHCP Server Event ID 1014, 1016, 1010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP Server Event ID 1014, 1016, 1010

I have an SBS 2003 running as a single domain controller with AD, DNS, and DHCP all active. I'm getting errors regarding when the DCHP database attempts an automatic backup each day. I've taken the steps to rebuild the DHCP database and continue to recieve errors in the System log. All clients continue to recieve leases and system seems to work, but errors are still logged.

I read in a closed thread on Pertri and elsewhere on Google that disabling content indexing on the C:\windows\system32\dhcp folder may resolve the issue. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

I don't see this folder in the Indexing Service\System\Directories, however the entire C:\ drive is included. Is is possible to exclude a particular folder\file and leave the rest included in the indexing?

Thanks in advance.

Re: DHCP Server Event ID 1014, 1016, 1010

Hi,

You can try and disable the indexing service or
    content indexing on the folder which is one of the advanced attributes.
    • R click the folder in question
    • Properties
    • Advanced in the general tab
    • And de-select indexing from there

However have a look at this for more ideas: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...Server&phase=1

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: DHCP Server Event ID 1014, 1016, 1010

Thanks for the info. I'll make the change on the folder and see if it resolves the issue. I should know in a day or two. I'll read through the info at the link to ensure there are no other causes to resolve.

Comment

Working...
      X