typo in ad username

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typo in ad username

okay, i'm doing a bit of ad cleanup, and i notice that arlene casas is misspelled as arlene cases. well, if you change the last name in the accounts properties, it doesn't change the 'wrapper' and still shows as arlene cases.

deleting and recreating the account is not a good option cuz of some 3rd apps that rely on the sid. so...

is there a way to fix this? it is, of course, non-critical, but annoying.

thx!

Re: typo in ad username

1. What do you mean by "wrapper"?

2. I'm sure Arlene appreciates you posting her name on a public forum.

Comment

If you r-click the user and change the property within it doesn't rename the AD entry. This won't happen unless you rename the user from within the folder view.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Highlight the user then click F2, rename the user, when you click enter you'll get a prompt to adjust other name related fields.

Update the Offline AB if you're on Exchange and finally be prepared a bunch of calls "zomg I can't email Arlene" Delete the auto-complete entry for her on the Outlook client.

Comment

Also, anything that uses the %username% variable (like roaming profiles) is going to break.

P.S. I knew what the poster was asking when he referenced the "wrapper" but I wanted them to explain it in technical parlance, not user parlance.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            Also, anything that uses the %username% variable (like roaming profiles) is going to break.

P.S. I knew what the poster was asking when he referenced the "wrapper" but I wanted them to explain it in technical parlance, not user parlance.
            ya ya ya
            Sometimes the ppl here can barely speak Engrish yet alone the real thing. Asking them to speak techese is stretching it.
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

that's crazy...for years, i've been right-clicking on user accounts and have just glossed right over 'rename' and gone straight to 'properties.' i've never even noticed rename before! thx!

so, just to make sure...this won't mess with the sid, will it?

Comment

No effect on the SID

Comment

cool. thx guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X