Problems translating Security Objects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems translating Security Objects

I've been working on and preparing for migrating users between domainA and domainB, using ADMT3.1.
    DomainA: originally nt4 upgraded to 2000, then extended to 2k3
    DomainB: Native 2k3 domain.

This is going pretty well, I've migrated the tests and such without any major issues. Today I hit a roadblock, where I'm trying to migrate a user. The migration og the user itself completes withour a hitch, and I've verified the info transferred. I then start the computer migration, and opt to translate all security objects.
    The precheck works it way through, and the Agent operation starts; upon viewing it's details, it seems it's just checking all the files, and doesn't make any modifications to it..

When the user logs in, he's given a default desktop. (This I "solved" by giving the new user ownership of the old users' homedir, and then changing hklm\software\ms\winnt\currversion\profilelist\NEW SID\ProfileImagePath to the path of the old user).

The user running ADMT is member of the "domain admins" group in both domains, as well as part of the local administrators-group on the computer in question. Also both the old and new useraccounts are local admins.

I've tried falling back to admt2 without any success, also I've had a try at examinig the log-files: they seem to be pretty useless at explaining what's causing this..

Any ideas?

Re: Problems translating Security Objects

Have you disabled SID filtering whilst you carry out the migration?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Have you disabled SID filtering whilst you carry out the migration?
      no, I haven't - nor have I seen any references to it being necessarily in the guides/step-by-step things I've read...
      Where would that be configured?

Comment

I was thinking that may be the issue, so worth a try or test run.

If you read this to determine suitability for your environment.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc739413.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc772633.aspx

I would hate to point you in the wrong direction, so see whether it works for you. It's important to set it back to how it was after testing or completion of migration, if it is an applicable solution.

Comment

fyi: disabeling Sid Filtering Quarantiningper instructions on the page, solved my issues. thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
          X