Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Group query

Hi,

I'm trying to do an LDAP query from AD which will give me the members of a group but who are not members of a few other groups

ie if I had 100 members in one group but 90 of these were in other groups, then I need to be able to pull out the 10 members who are in that group ONLY??

Pls help!!!

Re: LDAP Group query

Don't think so; unless you're using an LDAP-aware query writer to access AD. Personally I would do one query for members of one group, and another query for members of the other group.

I would then use a text editor or spreadsheet to compare the two and produce an output file with only the non-matching records.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Find User accounts that are
      member of: cn=GroupA,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local
      not member of: cn=GroupB,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local
      not member of: cn=GroupC,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local

Try this,
      Code:
      (&(objectCategory=person)(ObjectClass=user)(|(memberOf=cn=GroupA,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))(!(|(memberOf=cn=GroupB,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=GroupC,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))))
      \Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

OK, I am rubbish, you are good. LOL.

Nice one REMS

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
          Try this,
          Code:
          (&(objectCategory=person)(ObjectClass=user)(|(memberOf=cn=GroupA,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))(!(|(memberOf=cn=GroupB,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=GroupC,ou=Company Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))))
          \Rems
          That'll work ok, but I think all the groups in the organisation need to be included in the query though. Which makes it a huge task.
          But I suppose such is the nature of the request.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X