Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builtin Group Migration

Hi,

I am performing an Interforest Migration due to company acquisition. Both forests are running Windows and Exchange 2003.

The first phase scope is limited to migrating Users, Security Groups and workstations from Forest A to Forest B. So the Servers and applications will remain in the source forest for now. (Forest A being source and B being target).

That being the case, when I move the users and workstations into the Forest B, the ADMT will not migrate the builtin groups. The Forest A Admins have given permissions to file resources in their File Server for Domain Users and they are not sure where they all they have given. These File servers will remain in the source forest itself and will not move now.

Is there any way for me to migrate the builtin group permissions and make the users to access the source forest resources seamlessly?

Thanks

Raghavan

Re: Builtin Group Migration

Is there any way for me to migrate the builtin group permissions
    No. Even the Quest migration tool (which does just about everything else) will not migrate BUILTIN groups.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Stonelaughter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So the only solution for that one is to re-permission the Builtin group permissions?

Thanks

Comment

Well - re-permission the objects, yes; but DON'T use the BUILTIN groups this time.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks Tom. That helps.

Comment

Working...
          X