X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching which OU it belongs

hi guys,

a newbie question.
    how do you find a certain user account's OU container in AD?

an account was created recently in our AD but i don't know which OU it was created. i tried using the Find function for the account but it doesn't display which OU it belongs. there are more than 200 OUs so it's gonna take some time if i check it one at a time.

tia!

Re: Searching which OU it belongs

Hi,

On the ADUC console make sure the Advanced Features is selected in View - Adv. Features.

Then when you Find the account in question, R click - Properties- and click on the tab Object and it should be a Canonical name of object entry in there telling you where the object is.

If it was created fresh though, it is more likely to be on the Users container unless this behaviour was changed.

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Searching which OU it belongs

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Hi,

On the ADUC console make sure the Advanced Features is selected in View - Adv. Features.

Then when you Find the account in question, R click - Properties- and click on the tab Object and it should be a Canonical name of object entry in there telling you where the object is.

If it was created fresh though, it is more likely to be on the Users container unless this behaviour was changed.

Ta
      thanks L4ndy! this did the trick... cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X