creating a tree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a tree

i am creating a tree in windows 2000 while second server installed does not connect to ads when installing ads, on main server should there be a zone created for child domain. please guide about settings
    ________
    VAPIR ONE BAGS
    Last edited by flight1; 17th September 2011, 01:23.

Re: creating a tree

Can you provide more details ...is your AD env running 2k? Are u also setting up a child domian over here at the same time?

Comment

i am creating sec domain of windows 2000, so when i run active directory setup, it asks for whether to create new domain or join existing as tree, on selecting it search for domain but does not find it. i think there should be some sort of zone creating for child domain on primary domain dns server and something like this but i am not sure...any one who made tree can explain with dns settings for child domain before joining child domain.

thanks.
      ________
      Live Sex
      Last edited by flight1; 17th September 2011, 01:23.

Comment

Verify that in the new servers DNS field (NIC settings) you have the DNS servers correctly mentioned. These should point to your existing Domian's DNS/AD servers. Assuming that your exiting domains DNS is AD integrated. Make sure you can ping the netbios name of the domain and all the DC's/DNS servers from this new server. If you have this sorted out post the error (as displayed on the screen) message that you get when trying to join the existing domain or when creating a child domain.

Comment

Working...
        X