Active Directory User Account - Mailbox Rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory User Account - Mailbox Rights

I have an employee who needs access to a User Account in Active Directory that is used to manage departmental emails. This employee happens to be a part of a Security Group. The Security Group has over 90 members and I want to give the whole groups Mailbox Rights to the User account, but when I try it, it doesn't give the employee the rights. What I ended up having to do was add the employee's User account to the User account I want her to have Mailbox Rights to. Is there any reason why I can't give the Security Group Mailbox Rights to the User Account?

Re: Active Directory User Account - Mailbox Rights

When you say "but when I try it, it doesn't give the employee the rights" what do you mean? Do they get an error?
    You don't explain how you assigned permissions but you should be able to use ADUC Exchange Advanced Tab to asign the group permissions then wait for everything to sync and then restart the machine the users are using to test. If you get errors that would be helpful.

Have you seen these too?

http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/20...nal-mailboxes/
    http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800440718/tm.htm
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Active Directory User Account - Mailbox Rights

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      wait for everything to sync
      That step is critical - Exchange caches the permisions and refreshes the cache evrey few hours. If you can't wait that long, then you can restart the Information Store to force a refresh - naturally do this out of hours though.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X