Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with connecting to sysvol/netlogon shares of a Windows 2008 domain controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with connecting to sysvol/netlogon shares of a Windows 2008 domain controller

Hi all,

I have a very annoying problem with our domain. This weekend I have added 2 Windows 2008 domain controllers and demoted one of the 2 existing Windows 2003 controllers.

So currently we have one Windows 2003 and two Windows 2008 DC's.

We are unable to access the SYSVOL & NETLOGON shares on the Windows 2008 from any member server within the domain. We are even not able to access the C$.
    All this is possible from the remaining Windows 2003 DC tho.

The error message we get from one of the members when we perform that action is :
    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Anyone has a suggestion? If more info is needed, I'll be glad to provide it.

Thanks in advance,
    Erik

Re: Problem with connecting to sysvol/netlogon shares of a Windows 2008 domain contro

Hve you checked the replication status? There may be a problem.

dcdiag looks ok?

Event logs look ok?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Problem with connecting to sysvol/netlogon shares of a Windows 2008 domain contro

Problem has been resolved, it was a problem related to a missing dns zone of one of the trusted domains.

Comment

Working...
      X