AD Problem server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Problem server 2008

When installing AD I receive an error message while running DCPROMO stating the Local Admin password is not sufficient , It also says no password is currently required and I can not continue . it recommends using
    net user\passwordreq:yes to fix the problem before I can proceed . I am new Installing an AD and cant figure out how to get past this . I am logged on as the system admin with the admin password . If some one could help me out here I would be greatly indebted .

Thanks Dave

Re: AD Problem server 2008

Please can you provide a screenshot of the error(s) and tell us at which point during the process you recieve it/them?

It may be that your current administrator password does not meet the security requirements - is it longer than 8 characters (should really be longer than 16), does it contain uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers and/or punctuation?

In other words, is it a secure password? http://www.securitystats.com/tools/password.php
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I will try chnaging the password .

I appreciate the help

Comment

I Changed it to a good passwrd still same message .

The part that is causing me the most headache is were it says

Currently, a password is not required for the local Admin account. We recommend that you use the net user commans-line with the/passwordreq:yes option to require a password for this account before you create the new domain;otherwise a password will not be required for the domain admin account.

There is a password for the admin account and it is strong now.

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried following the suggestion?
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

This is were I get the error. I changed the password to 16 with Upper and Lower case and Numbers

Last edited by davew72; 23rd December 2008, 21:01. Reason: More info

Comment

Just do what its telling you to do.

"net user administrator /passwordreq:yes"

Is this an OEM installation of Windows?

Comment

yes it is.

I appreciate the help as you can tell I am no Tech and should be Commited for attempring this .
                Last edited by davew72; 23rd December 2008, 21:51. Reason: typo

Comment

Installing AD is a lot simpler than you think - read through Daniel's articles and you'll see just how easy it is use the dcpromo wizard and it'll take you through the steps you need. If it finds any problems along the way it will alert you and suggest ways to remedy it.

If this is to be a production environment though, I recommend installing Windows Server in a lab setting and practicing a couple of times, just so you're confident. Once you see how easy it is and get used to what's required, you'll have no problems getting it up and running on the production system.
                  Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                  X