X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving an OU in Active Directory to another Active Directory infrastructure

Hello -

I need some help working this one through -
    For a project that I'm working on we need to be able to move an OU containing user accounts from our in-house Active Directory (2003) to a computer lab facility out of the office with their own Active Directory (2003) infrastructure. The office network and the lab network don't have any network connectivity so I'm not sure I can use "movetree" or ADMT.
    I think I need to find a way to export the OU from the office AD and then import the OU at the lab facility.
    I need to maintain SID information and other account attribute data but it's ok if I have to reset all passwords.
    What's the best way to accomplish this?
    Thank you.

Re: Moving an OU in Active Directory to another Active Directory infrastructure

If they can never speak you could look at backup and restore. Backup AD, restore to another box and then use ADMT from that?
    Unless the lab is already blank in which case you could restore and use that as the starting point.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

If you have the GPMC installed you could try the CreateXMLFromEnvironment.wsf and then the CreateEnvironmentFromXML.wsf scripts.

Comment

SIDs and GUID would not be imported though.
        if that LAB would be disconnected from the network I would go for a backup and restore into the LAB.

Comment

Working...
        X