Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSVDE for an existing OU

Hi,

A while back we created a new AD for a certain system and used CSVDE to export all the users from the old area.
    In the mean time the new AD wasn't used for production and was only used for tests, but all the while the old AD was updated with additional users.

We are now planning on moving the new environment into production mode and we would like to update the AD so that all the new users that were added to the old environment will be added to the new environment.

At first I wanted to use a plain CSVDE, but my problem is that I don't know if I can overwrite the existing OU with all the users.

Can this be done? If now, what can I do?

We do not know how many users were added since the creation of the new environment as we do not manage the users on this AD directly.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vered

Re: CSVDE for an existing OU

If you mean use CSVDE to create new users that don't already exist then why not export out the old and new domains and use excel (or similar) to remove the duplicates?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, this is only good for new users added.
      Apperantly what we also need to import are changes such as passwords (which we will do with a different utility) but also if users have had a change in their status, such as being disabled and so on.

Essentially I'd much rather be able to just overwrite the current OU.... the other option is to delete it an recreate it... but We would like to have some sort of precautions for both options. That's why I'd like to know if overwriting with CSVDE is at all possible.

Thanks,

Vered

Comment

Hey Bro,

You just need this

IFP Identity Feature Pack

Download from Here. Make sure you read some docs about it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
        Thanks & Regards
        v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
        Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
        Independent IT Consultant and Architect
        Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Hi,

Thanks - although I admit that I don't understand how this is what I need. The two ADs are both stand alone machines - and we are moving the user from a win2000 AD to win2003 AD... and this is a win2003 only util...

BUT, anyway, we are going for a complete delete of the OU cause we would like to have all the users ONLY from the previous environment...

Sorry for all the confusion...

Vered

Comment

Working...
          X