Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• authentication issue

Hello everyone,

I have two IIS servers in the same domain and I login Windows by the same domain user. The IIS servers are using Windows Integrated authentication, I expect after log into Windows, I should not be asked to input username and password since both two IIS machines and I are belonging to the same domain.

But each time I access the IIS, I am asked to input username and password. Does anyone have any good ideas what is wrong and why each time I am asked to input username and password?

thanks in advance,
    George

Re: authentication issue

I have made further analysis.I find without IIS and IE, even when accessing a shared folder on the remote machine, there is an error message, the error message is -- you do not have enough privilege to access network resource. Please contact the administrator.

I have made the user and machine (which contains the shared folder) in the same domain and grant access to the user. So strange. Do you have any further ideas to find the root cause of this issue?

Comment

are those IIS servers pass Info or request Info from a different Server, e.g. SQL server, Application on a different server?
      basically the IIS are a front end for the User that access Info on a SQL server or SharePoint something like that.

Comment

Thanks Akila,

Originally posted by Akila View Post
        are those IIS servers pass Info or request Info from a different Server, e.g. SQL server, Application on a different server?
        basically the IIS are a front end for the User that access Info on a SQL server or SharePoint something like that.
        The IIS server in my case is very simple, it is standalone and just contains some html pages. Any ideas about how to solve my issue?

regards,
        George

Comment

are you running the IIS service with a Service account or local system,etc?

Comment

Working...
          X