User Account Specific Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Account Specific Issues

One of my clients has a 2003 domain with XP Pro computers. One particular user has to log on to a clerk of courts website to check records. When she finds the appropriate record the website opens it up in a viewer. They look like .pdf's but the website itself displays the records, not Adobe. She has to log in to the website, but everyone in the firm uses the same login ID. Certain records will only display as red X's. She can go to someone else's computer and the record will display correctly. I set up a profile on another computer for her and found that the same issue occurs. I can log off of her Windows account, log on as another Windows account and check the same record, and the issue does not occur. When I go back to her Windows account, the record does not display again. If she tries it 3 or 4 times it will finally display. It appears the issue is restricted to her Windows account, which I am having trouble wrapping my head around. I haven't looked over the AD accounts yet, and will be doing so tomorrow. Her account should be no different than any of the other accounts. They are not using Group Policy. The webmaster says it has to be on our end because no one else in the firm has the issue, and he has never seen the issue before.

Short of deleting and recreating her account, does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone ever seen any user account specific website issues? Thanks for any replies.

Re: User Account Specific Issues

Do your users use Roaming Profiles? If so, delete her server and local profile so that Windows creates a new one. (Actually, on the server, just rename her server profile to profile.old so you can get it back if it's not that)

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Have you cleared out Temp and Temporary Internet Files etc?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Adding to Stonelaughter's suggestion, If you are just using local profiles just rename it and get the user to log back on.

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
          If you are just using local profiles just rename it and get the user to log back on
          Note that you may need to reboot to be able to do that, and naturally you will need to be logged in as a different user with local administrator priviliges.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            Note that you may need to reboot to be able to do that, and naturally you will need to be logged in as a different user with local administrator priviliges.
            True, that would be the case if the title of the post was "Can't rename user profile".

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

No, they are not using roaming profiles. Yes, I have cleaned out all temp files. This morning I am going to create an entirely new domain account and local profile and see what effect it has. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X