Access to NT4 server PDC fails through NAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to NT4 server PDC fails through NAT

We're trying to integrate a load balancer on our branch with 2 links. We we're able to establish the connection and ping our servers. But the problem is that we cannot login into the Domain running on NT4 server. The load balancer uses NAT. I tried using a simple simulation using Windows 2003 Server and it seems to work.

Is there a difference between NT4 DC and Windows 2003 DC in terms of login through NAT?

What can I do to to make login to the NT4 Domain possible.

Thanks.

Re: Access to NT4 server PDC fails through NAT

NT4 DCs work mainly with WINS unlike DCs in 2000/2003 that work with DNS.
    check in your WINS server the records of your Domain "1Ch" & "1Bh" and see if they point to the load balancer IP.
    and you might want to add all your DCs including the Load Balancer IP to the 1Ch record.
    you did not mention if your PDC is an NT4 or it is on a Server 2003.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

The PDC runs on NT4 server. So if I add the IP of the Load Balancer that should allow the other clients behind the Load Balancer's NAT to log into the Domain?

Comment

Originally posted by snzluffy View Post
        Thank you for the response.

The PDC runs on NT4 server. So if I add the IP of the Load Balancer that should allow the other clients behind the Load Balancer's NAT to log into the Domain?
        won't harm trying

Comment

If you have AD on the Windows 2003 box you could use DNS of the remote site on the PC's.

As others have said WINS would solve finding an NT4 DC. DNS for an AD domain.
          Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Working...
          X