No announcement yet.

domain user access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain user access

We are having a set of desktops which we want to restrict access to.

We want only users in a specific domain to have access to these desktops (i.e. only users in domain A can logon on these desktops). Is there a group policy setting I can use for this? We are using Windows Server 2008.

Thank you.

Re: domain user access

I believe in the AD user account properties, you can specify which workstations they are allowed to log on to.

We do this with our domain admin accounts, we only allow them to log on to servers we specify.

It is on the Account Tab, then you have a Logon to button. The rest is self explanatory.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Re: domain user access

It'd be far easier to use group policy to define the Allow logon locally permission for those machines, granting the permission to domainA\Authenticated Users.

Keep in mind that if you set this permissions, anybody not specifically granted the privilege will not be allowed to logon - including domain admins.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.