Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find and Replace within AD?

Hi all,
    Just a quick query really. I mass untick a box in the "E-mail address" tab named "Automatically update e-mail address based on the recipants policy" for a lot of users. Is there anyway of doing this in one sweep? A query maybe?

Re: Find and Replace within AD?

ADModify.net can do this. Link in the Misc forum Sticky

Can I ask why you want to do this?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

All our addresses have multiple SMTP addresses - it seems to be causing an issue so we want to remove them all bar one. ADmodify seems like a great little tool thanks for the link.

I can remove the SMTP one at a time, but is there any way to ask it to do multiple removals? ive tried inputting to values seperated but a ; but ADmodify didnt like this, I.e, smtp*@domain.com; smtp*@domain2.com.

Altenativley, is there a way of removing all SMTP bar one that has a certain domain name?

Comment

Each account can have as many email addresses as you want and it shouldn't cause an issue. Would you mind explaining the problem as there may be a better way of dealing with this.
        The addresses get populated by the recipient update service which is quite configurable. Removing its ability to change accounts isn't a great way of dealing with it in my opinion.

The util says you can remove email addresses just by using "*@domain.com" so maybe you can just do them one by one? I still would try and find out what the other issue is first though.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X