Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming username does not change outlook name

Hello,

I have a user, John, who logs in as John. But now i have changed his login name to Sjon. But only the login name is changed, so in outlook when people type in: Sjon and click resolve name he cannot be found. Only under the name John.

Is there a possibility that also the Exchange name is changed directly ?

Thanks !

Re: Renaming username does not change outlook name

Did you rename the account using the Rename function? (R-Click on the user object then rename).
    If i am not wrong think exchange uses one attribute of the user object (DN) and when you use rename you get given the option to change a few attributes.

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

No, i want to change the User logon name, not the first, last or display name.
      This menu does not give that option.

Comment

then rename the SamAccountName, could be done either using the UI or ADSIEDIT

Comment

Yes I know, but is there a possibility that also the Exchange name is changed directly ?

Comment

in exchane usually it know as "ALIAS"

Comment

Exchange displays the Display Name not the alias. Make sure to change the Display Name.

Comment

Akila is right as I remember, the alias name usually is the samaccountname

Comment

Originally posted by SnakEye View Post
                  Akila is right as I remember, the alias name usually is the samaccountname
                  The fact that they have the same value doesn't necessarily mean it is the same attribute.
                  The Alias or mailNickname is an exchange attribute on a user object whether sAMAccountName or Logon name (pre-20000) is a native user object attribute.
                  I think Exchange uses different user attributes for different functions.
                  I have to agree with Joe when he says that it uses the Display Name attribute i.e in the GAL.

Ta
                  Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

In my situation the username is a number, so john was let say 100.
                    I changed it to 200.

Now when people typ in 200 and then click on: Check name, they do not find anything, only on 100.

This is because the LegacyExchangeDN is not changed when the username is changed.
                    Very annoying.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Working...
                    X