Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing DC with FSMO

Hello ALL,
    I've come with following procedure with the help of howto article from this site, I need remove one of the domain controller in my network that is currently holding all 5 FSMO roles.

1. Move all FSMO roles to new DC
    2. Use Dcpromo to remove AD
    3. move all dhcp scopes to another DC and make sure DHCP helper is enabled on the router for new DC
    4. disable the computer account and power off the box, after a month delete the computer account.

Please let me know if I am missing a step or two: Thanks in advance for reading and answering this post.

Thanks,
    Pete

Re: Removing DC with FSMO

pretty much, just don't 4get to authoritative the new DHCP server to the domain.

Comment

It depends how you are going to deploy IP configuration really.
      3 - One way to do it without creating much work for yourself would be to just authorise the DHCP in the new DC without enabling Iphelper on the router unless of course you are planning some sort of DHCP redundancy (80/20 rule).

Cheers
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Guys thank you for your response, do you guys think my steps in demoiting the dc are correct? I will worry about DHCP last or I will move dhcp scope later.

Thank You,
        Pete

Comment

Working...
        X