User logon (pre-Windows 2000)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User logon (pre-Windows 2000)

What i want to do is overwrite a value that is currently in our active directory users objects, (User Logon (pre-windows 2000)) with the value that is in the (User Logon name).

Background,
    We migrated from an old windows 2000 domain + netware to a new windows server 2003 R2 Active directory. For business reasons the User logon name had to be different to the user logon name (pre-windows 2000). Business requirements have now changed and i require the pre-windows 2000 to be the same as the user logon. I have used ADmodify in the past to achive similiar but cant figure out how to do so in this circumstance,
    hoping somebody can help

Re: User logon (pre-Windows 2000)

So you want to change the samaccount name for all of your users?

You could use admod by joeware to do this from a list. Admodify works pretty well with variables too if you want to go in a fashion formed by other attributes.

Let us know what standard you're trying to achieve.
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

Originally posted by gepeto View Post
      So you want to change the samaccount name for all of your users?

You could use admod by joeware to do this from a list. Admodify works pretty well with variables too if you want to go in a fashion formed by other attributes.

Let us know what standard you're trying to achieve.

No Standard, as per diagram i just want to do a straight copy from one field to another (for about 5000 users), have used admodify for other things similar but can not figure out how to do it in this case. thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Is your UPN always compatible with the samaccountname?

If so you should be easily able to do this with admod (not to be confused with admodify.net !)

Check Joe's blog post here

http://blog.joeware.net/2008/04/28/1202/

Basically you output what you need with adfind and pipe it back to admod for writing in the other attribute, pretty straight forward.

Comment

Thanks your help, I figured out a way to do it using admodify.net

Comment

Could you explain how for the benefit of the people who will search next ?

Comment

Originally posted by gepeto View Post
              Could you explain how for the benefit of the people who will search next ?
              my bad,
              basically i ended up cheating a little and used firstname.lastname to create the required pre 2k logon (instead of copying the UPN, for 99% of my users it was the same ). i did this using admodify.net. I added the custom attribute named sAMAccountName and set the vaule to %'givenName'%.%'sn'%

cheers,
              hazey

Comment

Thanks and good move on forcing a standard - always the best, when possible!

Comment

Working...
                X