No announcement yet.

How to deploy J2E to access java web sites

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deploy J2E to access java web sites

I have 1600 users who cannot get onto a few sites which are java based. Their screens keep coming up with the content blocked and a red crossed square in the top right corner. The rest of the site works except for this 'special content'.

I think the J2E needs updating, if so how do you deploy it through AD, i believe it needs a transform file? what and how do you do these?

Although I am running ISA 2000 and have blocked lots of compressed files etc i believe this not to be the problem but as you know in IT nothing can be ruled out. What do I need to unblock if this is the case?

If the JRE comes with an MSI installer then you might need to create an MST file but mor ethan likely it will come with a silent install option which you could use then push out through a GPO.

I would be surprised if this is the issue though, if JRE is out of date then IE should prompt to upgrade\install. I would say that browser are locked down so they are not auto installing plug-ins.

* Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Maybe this will help:
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **