Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Computer to Domain Script

Hi All,
    Does anyone know if there is a script that when a computer joins a domain would send off an email to admins to notify them of the joined computer?

Re: Join Computer to Domain Script

Curious: Why would they NOT know already when a computer is being added to the domain?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Administrators should be the only users joining computers to the domain. They should also be the only users with the ability to join machines to the domain. If this has been delegated, then they should only delegate it to a user they trust to join machines to the domain. In any case, they should be keeping an eye on ADUC, DHCP and DNS etc every few days. I can't think of any reason why an email would need to be sent if they are doing their job properly.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

In any case, instead of scripting something to send an email when someone joins the domain, I think running a report that exports the list of new computer accounts or something like that might be a better approach.

I'm sure you can rig something up with AdFind and have it emailed automatically, then schedule that job..
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

I think auth users can add workstations to a domain upto 10 times by default unless my memory is playing tricks on me.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post

I think auth users can add workstations to a domain upto 10 times by default unless my memory is playing tricks on me.
            Yes, but I don't know a single admin who hasn't changed this.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              Yes, but I don't know a single admin who hasn't changed this.
              we did not change it

Comment

Working...
              X