No announcement yet.

user rights in AD

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user rights in AD

I wanted to create a user in AD 2003 that should only have rights to install software in a client machine and should be able to join a computer into domain.
    can anyone suggest me how to do that.

Re: user rights in AD

You could add the user to the power users on the local machine. Also any user can add 10 machines to the domain by default.
    If the power users group gives them too much or not enough permissions u could add them to the local administrators group instead, u can remove them from the group when they have carried out what job they need to do.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

The local Power Users group should be enough.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

You can also delegate task to the user that you will create
        eg. create/delete computer accounts

Also for installation of software, you can add the as power user on each machine.
        if there's a tons of pc that need this user add as power user.
        you can do a computer startup script
        eg: net localgroup "power users" /add domain\user

Hope it help