Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename user logon names during/after migration

Hello everyone,

is there a built-in way (in ADMT) to change all user logon names of the migrated users?
    As an example, I would like to change them from
    "jdoe" to "john.doe" (Where "John" is the "first name", and Doe the "last name" fields of the user account).

It does not seem to be a built-in mechanism in ADMT, maybe a script or something?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Rename user logon names during/after migration

not that I am aware of, but you can run in the ADMT the reporting Wizard which could compare User conflicts between domains before you migrate, which would help you know what and how many users are in conflict.
    I personally before migration (days or even weeks) rename on the source domain the Conflicted user (using the report I can know), that way you cover that spot as well.

if you would like a more powerful Migration tools, that has that option of renaming users during migration on a conflict
    as well along with many other features that ADMT doesn't have, you should look into "Quest Migration Manager for Active Directory"
    It is not a free tool , but also not that costly either I think around 10$ per user - list price which you could easily drop them down to 5 - 6$.
    The license is per User and not per Object even though you migrate other then users, you pay for user migration not Objects.
    Last edited by Akila; 17th October 2008, 11:02.

Comment

Thanks Akila,
      but it is not a confilct problem, just a rename problem.
      I just want to rename logon names, it just happens during a migration so I thought there could be a tool or method for that.

Comment

read my post again I updated it a bit.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into it.

Comment

Working...
          X