Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DSMOD command to change user profile

Can someone pls help me out ,

I have hundreds of users where I need to change there home folder path , I am using DSMOD command , everytime I am getting an error as "
    `Target object for this command' has incorrect format. I have tried with several options , tried changing other attributes as well like page \ fax etc ...

I am using command as below

DSMOD user cn=abc,ou=user,ou=delhi,dc=ankit,dc=.com -hmdir

Not sure why I am getting this error , I have already spend lots of hours

Re: Using DSMOD command to change user profile

Have you had a look at ADModify instead to see if it would help?
    http://www.codeplex.com/admodify
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks Mate ,

I have done with task using some other scripts , however I would be very intersting to find out why DSMOD was giving me that error.

Comment

DSMOD user cn=abc,ou=user,ou=delhi,dc=ankit,dc=.com -hmdir

Are you meant to have the dot before the com?

(only guessing here)
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Oh that was a typo , I didn't mean that

Comment

the structure looks fine from what I understand. Have you tried putting " " around the user path? ie: DSMOD user "cn=abc,ou=user,ou=delhi,dc=ankit,dc=com" -hmdir \\server\share\$username$
            This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

Originally posted by graycat View Post
              the structure looks fine from what I understand. Have you tried putting " " around the user path? ie: DSMOD user "cn=abc,ou=user,ou=delhi,dc=ankit,dc=com" -hmdir \\server\share\$username$
              If I am correct there is no need to use " unless there is spaces in the syntax. So it's more likely to be a problem in the syntax itself as Andy pointed the dc=.com.

@it.ankitjain

If you don't want ot mess about with scripting it can also be done through ADUC.
              Mult-select all users | R click | Properties and make all the necessary changes in the Profile Tab for all the selected users.

Ta
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                If I am correct there is no need to use " unless there is spaces in the syntax. So it's more likely to be a problem in the syntax itself as Andy pointed the dc=.com.
                very true and I agree 100%. the reason I mention using " is that on the example given, which is pretty generic, the syntax looks correct as I've used in the past. there may be something simple like not imputing the server path correctly or shares having spaces etc but again on info given we can't tell

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                If you don't want ot mess about with scripting it can also be done through ADUC.
                Mult-select all users | R click | Properties and make all the necessary changes in the Profile Tab for all the selected users.
                good tip! don't forget to use the $username$ variable or everyone will go to the same folder ... amusing but not fun to sort out lol
                This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

Working...
                X